At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you're inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
Your typical day will be fast paced working alongside other employees with a focus on electrical work. Success will be found by working both in a team environment and independently as needed. Excellent communication, creative problem solving and customer service skills are key reaching our goals.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 6:45AM - 3:15PM Minimal to no on-call and overtime. Be home with your family every night!
Compensation: $33.33 - $40.73/hour Depending on Experience and Qualifications
- Must demonstrate safe work habits and maintain good housekeeping at all times.
- Must have an understanding of facility electrical systems.
- Display consistent improvement and accuracy in the performance of electrical trade skills.
- Experience installing power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
- Must be able to troubleshoot malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors and lighting fixtures
- Working in tight spaces and in awkward positions to run wiring and remove old wiring.
- Working at elevations on ladders and aerial lift platforms.
- Able to make repairs or replace faulty electronic components such as printed circuit boards, broken wire, or motor bearings
- Must be able to read prints/drawings
- Must be able to accurately book hours toward work orders. Enter history comments, look up history on equipment. Locate parts in inventory, enter work orders, and request parts.
- Able to understand equipment manuals including proper maintenance, troubleshooting, BOM's, etc. Effectively communicate customer needs to maintenance, support departments and external customers in a positive manner. Also, able to contact appropriate support resources with questions for assistance.
- Must be able to select the proper equipment or tool(s) for the job at hand
- Must be able/willing to attend, learn, and train fellow employees as time and tasks warrant.
- Must be able to trouble shoot problems and provide alternative solutions when necessary.
- Must flexible and willing to move from job task to job task without hesitation
- Willingness to learn and work in other trade skill areas as needed
- Willingness to be cross-trained in multiple departments and job roles.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current state journeyman's electrical license
Education and/or Experience
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your opportunity for better living
At Marvin, we’re driven to imagine and create better ways of living. And that goes beyond our customers, to our communities and the colleagues beside us every day. Here, we offer competitive compensation, an extensive benefits package that includes health insurance on day one of employment, paid time off and holidays, and a 401K match.
We also support your overall wellbeing in other significant ways, including your own company-funded wellbeing account that can be used for everything from travel to a day at the spa, gym memberships, or fun experiences with family and friends. You are also rewarded through our profit-sharing program, which recognizes the important role all our employees play in making Marvin a success year, after year.
Our culture is built on 4th generation family values that guide us to do the right thing. And as a premier company with locations across North America, we know we’re stronger together. Join us, and experience better living at Marvin.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. May be required to work near very loud tools or machinery.
Accommodations may be made (whenever reasonably possible) to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of his/her position.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.